MasterPlan was instrumental in obtaining Development Plan Consent for this project and assisted the Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority on planning related matters affecting this comprehensive and iconic redevelopment. MasterPlan has been engaged on the relocation of contaminated soils and ancillary works required to complete the development in its stunning metropolitan location.
The redevelopment also formed an integral part of the regeneration of the River Torrens Riverbank Precinct and is now a focal point for entertainment and sport in South Australia.
The redevelopment included:
• Replacement of southern and eastern stands with new grandstands seating over 50,000 people
• Improved player facilities including indoor cricket and football training facilities
• New entrances and plazas
• New replay screens and spectator improvements
• Retention of the historic scoreboard, Moreton Bay fig trees and view of the cathedral
• Multipurpose design to accommodate cricket, AFL, NRL, international rugby and FIFA soccer, as well as a host of non-sporting events
The redevelopment also included the revitalisation the surrounding parklands through landscaping, improvements to footpaths, new park furniture and works to improve drainage and turf management. Since its redevelopment, Adelaide Oval has accommodated over four million visitors and has generated hundreds of millions of dollars in economic benefits and supported hundreds of jobs.
MasterPlan was instrumental in obtaining all the planning approvals for this redevelopment and the associated Torrens Footbridge as part of series of major and minor applications and continues to advise and assist the Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority on planning related matters affecting this comprehensive and iconic redevelopment within its sensitive Adelaide Park Lands setting.